Drones are a super-handy tool in real estate but there is a right and a wrong way to use them.  Depending on what you do with your drone and how much it weighs, you might need a Special Flight Operation’s Certificate issued by Transport Canada and you will need insurance. As a new drone operator the process of getting your SFOC can be quite intimidating, but there are many online forums and even Facebook groups for those who have questions, and the members of those groups can be quite helpful.  In your SFOC application you outline pre-flight, in-flight and post-flight safety and emergency procedures, actions taken in case of emergency, the area you’ll be filming, location of aerodromes and so much more.  Transport Canada provides you with all the information you need to successfully fill out the application, but don’t get discouraged if it takes you more than one attempt to get it right.  You can also take a TP 15263 ground school which teaches you everything you need to know.  Failure to obey by these rules will cost you some pretty hefty fines.

Coldwell Banker Robertson Real Estate’s drone operator is Transport Canada SFOC compliant and insured, so when you list with us there are no worries, we’re 100% by the book.  The use of drones allows potential clients to see the property from all different angles before actually heading out to view it.  When used properly they are such a great tool to have.

Give us a call today to see how we can help you get your property sold.  Now is the time to list!

Translate »